Updated: May 7, 2020
GPA is happy to announce that we are embarking on an exciting new phase with an inspiring new name. On Friday morning, we will be changing our name to SERVE2PERFORM. Our corporate website will change to serve2perform.comand our technology platform will change to myserve2perform.com. Both websites will be integrated into one so you can access them both via serve2perform.com. Our email addresses will also change to firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
You might ask, why change the name now? Well, great question.
When we first founded our startup in September 2012, we named our firm, Grandslam Performance Associates (GPA,) to describe what we set out to accomplish. We set out to accomplish a new way to grow an individual’s and organization’s capability for achieving high performance through a new disruptive model that was based on embracing and practicing service-minded values. Over the past 8 years, we have developed, tested, and refined our proprietary model. This turnkey model, SERVE2PERFORM, comes with defined principles, a proven methodology, and an online community of practice. So, we have decided to rename our company, SERVE2PERFORM, to represent who we are, what we believe, what we do, and how we do it as outlined below. This is what differentiates us and why we exist. We Are The People People!
We are in service everywhere and we can learn the skills that we need and apply them in real time everywhere we serve. Plain and simple, you can be of service while in the performance of your professional role. Being a good contributor to your company is the same as being a good contributor to your community.
The methodology of SERVE2PERFORM, because it’s steeped in a values-based foundation and real-time experiential learning, serves to multiply the skill-sets that an individual may already have and their potential for growth.
We believe in performance outside of numbers and metrics, but we understand the value of trackable results. Our true measure of success is in holistically transforming people and activating their full potential. For us, human growth is often more qualitative than quantitative, but we have developed our own metrics so our clients can see growth and ROI in real-time.
Our SERVE2PERFORM Principles
- People are only as effective as you allow them to be.
- Serving others is the best way to learn and grow.
- Serving others develops social capital which is the real source of influence, agility, and opportunity.
- Service is the best way to develop talent, leaders, companies, and communities.
- Everyone can make a difference if they’re empowered with a platform to do so.
- Everyone and every place has a perspective, skill set, and set of experiences that are both significant and valuable.
Our SERVE2PERFORM Methodology
The standard approach many businesses take is backwards. To truly invoke positive and lasting change in an institution, we flip the process on its head. Rather than focusing on results and letting the pieces fall in line, we start at a company’s core.
1) Values: First, we look at identifying the values of an individual or the shared values of a corporation.
2) Practices: Next, we dive into the practices of an organization or individual to see what is being done and how. We evaluate these practices every step of the way to ensure they are furthering or serving the aforementioned values.
3) Culture: Once the right practices are in place and we have the values to tie them back to, we see a culture start to organically form that enforces the core values.
4) Results: Because this culture forms organically, it is driven by the people; it’s authentic. This authentic culture organically drives results, because individuals have buy-in to the values. Consequently, this culture produces positive results with a multiplier effect—and it’s self-propelled.